INSTRUCTIONS FOR EPSON XP 800 SETUP
The all-in-one Epson XP 800 Setup is one of the best printers ever produced. If you need brilliant photos, sharp texts with 2-sided features, and more, this is the printer just for you. It uses the Claria Premium Ink system for the best clarity and can easily print at a speed of 12 pages per minute for black copies and 11 pages per minute for color copies.
What’s In The Box?
- The Epson XP 800 printer
- Power cord
- Ink cartridges
- Installation CD
- Printer documents (User guide, warranty information)
To see the setup process, you must look at how to do the hardware setup.
- Since the printer comes with an installation CD, the setup is quite easy.
- Place the Epson CD into the CD/DVD drive of your computer.
- Wait for the setup window to open.
- Run the installation on the CD and follow the commands on the screen.
- When the connection screen opens, choose the method of connection you want to have for the Epson XP 800 setup.
- Unpack the printer from the carton and place it on a flat surface.
- Remove the protective tapes surrounding the printer body.
- Open the scanning unit and make sure to get rid of the packaging material present inside; close the scanning unit.
- Remove the power cord from the carton, then connect it to the printer and the power source.
- Raise the control panel and press the Power button to turn on the printer.
- When the display lights up, select your language, date & time, and other settings, then press Done.
- Open the scanning unit to install the ink cartridges.
- Gently shake the ink cartridges inside the packaging to redistribute the toner.
- Remove the ink cartridge from the cover; remove the protective cap.
- Place the ink cartridge into the slot and make sure it clicks.
- Repeat the same set of cartridge installation steps for the other ink cartridges and close the scanning unit.
- Pull the paper tray from the bottom of the Epson xp 800 setup to install the paper.
- Slide the paper guide to the sides inside the tray.
- Place a stack of paper inside and adjust the paper guides accordingly.
- Once done, slide the paper tray back into the printer.
- Connect the Fax cord to the LINE port of the printer and the phone wall jack (OPTIONAL).
EPSON XP 800 DRIVER
You can download the Epson XP 800 printer driver to your computer and perform all kinds of tasks the printer supports with just a click away. There are two ways to download the printer driver to your computer. One is to download the driver from this page and another is to download from the official Epson support page.
EPSON XP 800 DRIVER FOR WINDOWS
- On this very support page, click the Driver Download button for Windows.
- Once you click, the driver for the Windows OS will begin instantly.
- There is another way to download the driver. It is from the official Epson support page.
- Open the support page for the Epson XP 800 Setup.
- Click the Downloads tab on the page.
- Select the Windows option from the Operating System drop-down list and then click GO.
- Scroll down the page and click the Recommended For You section.
- Click the Download button for the Drivers and Utilities Combo Package Installer option.
EPSON XP 800 DRIVER FOR MAC
- Click the Driver Download button for Mac on this page.
- Once done, the driver for the Epson XP 800 printer will be downloaded to your computer.
- An alternative way to download the driver is from the official Epson support page.
- Open the Epson XP 800 Setup support page on your browser.
- Click the Downloads tab.
- Select the Mac option and the version of Mac from the Operating System drop-down list. Click the GO button.
- Select the Recommended For You section and click the Download button for the Drivers and Utilities Combo Package Installer option.
EPSON XP 800 DRIVER INSTALL
- Once the driver download is complete, you can proceed with the driver installation.
- Do a double-click on the downloaded driver and start the installation.
- Do not connect your computer to the Epson printer yet.
- Follow the installation prompts on the screen and wait for the connection screen to open.
- Once the connection screen appears, select the type of connection from the Direct USB connection or Wireless connection options.
- Click the Direct USB connection option and the screen will prompt you to connect a USB cable between the computer and the Epson XP 800 printer.
- Now you can connect the cable and complete the installation in Epson xp 800 setup.
EPSON XP 800 MANUAL DOWNLOAD
- On this page, click the Manual Download button.
- The manual for the printer will be downloaded immediately to your computer.
- One more way of doing it is to download the driver from the official Epson support page.
- Open the default browser on your computer.
- Once the Epson XP 800 printer support page opens, click the Manuals and Warranty tab.
- On the next page, you will find different manuals for the printer.
- If you wish to download the User’s Guide, click the PDF button located right next to it.
- The manual will open on a new page.
- Locate and click the Download icon; the manual will be downloaded.
EPSON XP 800 SCAN SETUP
There are two ways to scan using the Epson XP 800 Setup. The two locations to place the documents are the scanner glass and the Auto Document Feeder. When it comes to scanner glass, you need to place the documents with the print side facing down. When it’s the Auto Document Feeder, you need to place the documents into the ADF with the print side facing up.
EPSON XP 800 SCAN TO COMPUTER
- Press the Home button on the printer.
- Select the Scan option.
- The printer will now show you the scan display with a set of options.
- Scroll down and select the Scan to PC option.
- Press the Start button and then the scanned document will be saved to your computer.
EPSON XP 800 FAX SETUP
- You need to connect the Fax cord that came with the printer to the LINE port and to the phone wall jack.
- Now it’s time to set up fax features on your Epson xp 800 setup.
- Press the Home button on the printer control panel.
- Use the navigation button and select the Setup option.
- Scroll and select the Basic Setup option.
- Now choose your country and origin, then select the Yes option.
- Go back to the setup menu and set the date and time.
- Return to the main setup menu, scroll down the screen, and then select Fax Settings.
- Select Communication to enter the fax information like Fax header and the fax phone number.
- Select the Done option once entered.
- Press the Home button.
- Select Setup > Fax Settings > Send Settings or Receive Settings.
- Press Home (return to the main menu).
EPSON XP 800 WI-FI SETUP
When it comes to connecting the Epson XP 800 Setup to a wireless network, it can be done in the simplest way.
- Press the Home button on the Epson XP 800 printer control panel.
- Select the Wi-Fi Setup option.
- When the Wi-Fi Setup screen opens, you will find Wi-Fi Setup Wizard, Push Button Setup, and PIN Code setup.
Push Button Setup (WPS): When it comes to the WPS method, you must have a WPS-enabled router.
- Select the Push Button Setup option from the Wi-Fi Setup screen.
- The wireless setup will be initiated.
- Now, press the WPS button present on the router.
- The printer will now try to find the wireless router.
- The printer will be connected to Wi-Fi using the Push Button Setup.
Wi-Fi Setup wizard: You can use the standardized method in case your router does not have a WPS button (Make sure the wireless network is stable).
- Select the Wi-Fi Setup Wizard option.
- The Epson xp 800 setup will show you a list of available networks near the printer.
- Select your wireless network (SSID).
- When the password is required, make use of the keypad and enter the password for the wireless network.
- Press the Done button and then select Proceed.
- The printer will be connected to the wireless network; the Wi-Fi light will start blinking.
EPSON XP 800 AIRPRINT SETUP
AirPrint is a mobile printing option in the Epson XP 800 printer. AirPrint is a default feature where you can easily print from your iOS devices like iPod Touch, iPad, and iPhone. You need to ensure that the iOS device is connected to the same wireless network as the printer. Here are the steps in detail on how to use AirPrint.
- Open the document you wish to print from your iOS device.
- Now, tap on the Share icon.
- Select Print.
- Choose the Epson XP 800 Setup from the printer list.
- Tap the + icon to increase the number of prints for your document.
- Once done, tap the Print button on the top right corner of the iOS device.
EPSON XP 800 TROUBLESHOOTING
Like any other printer, over a period of use, the Epson XP 800 printer might go through some problems. However, these problems are solvable with some simple troubleshooting steps. In this article, we have mentioned some of the common errors/problems you might face while operating the Epson XP 800 printer.
EPSON XP 800 NOT PRINTING
If you find the Epson XP 800 printer not printing, here are some steps you must look at to fix the issue.
- Ensure that the printer is turned on or connected to the main power source.
- Make sure the paper in the paper tray is properly placed and arranged according to the paper guides.
- Always notice and clear the paper jam problems if you are facing any.
- Try to check the ink level in the ink cartridges and replace the ink cartridges if necessary.
- If the Epson xp 800 setup stays idle for too long, the printer tends to go offline. Bring back the Epson printer online.
EPSON XP 800 PRINTER OFFLINE
The best solution to solve the Epson XP 800 printer staying offline is to delete the print jobs in the queue. Here are the steps to delete pending print jobs in Windows & Mac Operating Systems.
- Open the Control Panel window.
- Select Printers & Scanners.
- Select the Epson XP 800 printer from the printer list.
- Click the Open queue button.
- Delete the pending print jobs in the list.
- Click the Apple icon.
- Select System Preferences.
- Click on the Printers & Scanners option.
- Do a double-click on the Epson XP 800 printer.
- Select the pending print jobs and click on the X button.
EPSON XP 800 FAXING PROBLEM
- You need to ensure that your Epson xp 800 setup and the recipient’s fax machine are turned on.
- Make sure that the paper is loaded into the printer.
- See if the Auto Answer mode is turned on so that you can receive faxes automatically.
- Check the LINE cord connecting the Epson XP 800 printer and the phone wall jack.
- You can test your phone wall jack to see if it works. Connect a telephone to the phone wall jack to see if it works.
EPSON XP 800 PAPER FEED PROBLEM
If you find the printer not feeding the paper properly, check the following steps.
- Make sure that the paper inside the tray is properly placed.
- Adjust the paper guides according to the edges of the paper.
- Ensure that the paper in the tray does not exceed the paper limit.
- If you find multiple pages loading at once, remove the paper stack and arrange the paper properly and place it inside.
- Do not load paper that is thin, curled, or damaged in any way.
- For best results, load Epson-supported media.
EPSON XP 800 INK PROBLEM
Over a period of use, the ink cartridges in the Epson xp 800 setup will go through some issues. There will be a time where you must consider replacing them or fixing the issue.
RUN A PRINT NOZZLE CHECK
- Load some sheets of paper in the Epson XP 800 printer.
- Press the Home button on the control panel.
- Select Setup > Maintenance.
- Tap the Nozzle Check option.
- Press the Start button to begin the nozzle check.
- The printer will print a sheet with the nozzle check pattern.
- If you find the print having gaps, you can do a print head cleaning.
CLEAN THE PRINT HEAD
- Press the Home button on the printer control panel.
- Select Setup > Maintenance > Head Cleaning.
- Press the Start button on the printer display to begin the cleaning.
- Make sure the Epson xp 800 setup is not meddled with while the cleaning is in progress.