- Epson Xp 970 Printer
INSTRUCTIONS FOR EPSON XP 970 SETUP
Epson XP 970 will be the best option if you want superior printing, as this printer is known for a premium look printing. When it comes to connectivity, multiple options are there. You can print wirelessly using Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi Direct. You can also print using your mobile phones. Epson XP 970 is compact so that it can fit in any place. It is known for its versatile nature, as you can print, scan, and copy using this printer. If you want to know Epson XP 970 setup process, follow the procedure given below.
Unboxing and Basic Setup
- Unbox your printer and take out all the components you received along with your printer.
- Your box contains Epson XP 970 printer, Power Cord, Ink Cartridges, CD-ROM, and Extra maintenance box (for replacing the installed maintenance box when prompted),
- Remove all the protective materials and the packing tapes from the printer. Ensure not to unpack your ink cartridges until you are ready to install them. Lift the scanner unit and remove the protective materials you find inside.
- Take out the power cord given along with your printer and connect it to your printer and an electrical socket.
- Turn on your printer and select your preferred language. You can change your language using the control panel.
- If you notice an error message in the control panel, ensure all the protective materials inside your printer have been removed.
- Lift your scanner unit, unpack the ink cartridges, and install them one by one into the cartridge holder. You need to install the cartridges according to the color indication of the holder.
- When you finish installing, lower the scanner unit. On your printer’s LCD screen, tap on Installed, then your Epson xp 970 setup will start charging the ink.
- When the ink charging is finished, you will be notified with the message ‘charging is complete.’
- Lower the front cover of your Epson XP 970 printer and pull out the paper cassette. Get ready with your paper by fanning and aligning it neatly. Adjust the paper guides of the cassette outwards and load your paper.
- Insert your paper in the paper cassette and adjust the paper guides against the paper.
- Now, insert the paper cassette into the printer and adjust the paper quality settings on the LCD screen according to your preference.
- Before you start installing the driver software on your printer, make sure your computer is not connected to your printer.
- Insert the provided CD-ROM into the CD drive and run the setup file. Follow the on-screen step-by-step instructions to complete the setup.
- Now, your printer will ask you to select the connection method. You can opt for a wireless connection, Direct USB connection, or wired network connection.
- You can select according to your preference. You can also use your smartphone for wireless printing.
- The basic Epson xp 970 setup is completed.
EPSON XP 970 DRIVER
The printer driver is required to connect your Epson XP970 printer to your computer. The printer driver can be installed from the Installation/Setup CD. You can also download the printer driver. The steps are discussed below.
EPSON XP 970 DRIVER FOR WINDOWS
- On your default browser, visit the official website of Epson. In the search field, type your printer’s name and press Enter.
- You will be directed to your printer’s support page.
- Click on Drivers & Downloads.
- Select the operating system you are using and select its version. And click on the Download button near the required driver.
- Now install the downloaded driver by following the on-screen instructions.
EPSON XP 970 DRIVER FOR MAC
- On your default browser, go to the official website of Epson. Type your printer’s name in the search field press Enter.
- When you see the printer’s support page, click on Drivers & Downloads.
- On the download page, select your operating system as Mac and also select its version. Select the driver for Epson xp 970 setup and click on the Download button.
- Go to the destination where you have downloaded your file and run the setup file.
EPSON XP 970 MANUAL DOWNLOAD
- On your browser, visit Epson’s official site and go to the printer support page.
- Click on the Manuals and Warranty option.
- On the Manuals and Warranty page, a list of manuals will be listed.
- Download the manual you need.
Epson XP 970 Scan Setup
- Ensure that you have installed the driver software for your printer. Restart your computer after the installation of the driver software so that you can scan directly from the printer control panel.
- Keep your documents to be scanned in the document feeder and press the Scan button.
- Now your Epson xp 970 setup will ask you where to send the scanned file.
- You have four options to choose from.
- You can scan to your memory device, computer, Cloud, and WSD.
- Choose your preferred option and follow the on-screen instructions.
Epson XP 970 Scan to computer
- Using the control panel of Epson XP 970, you can scan your hardcopy and save them as a softcopy on your computer.
- Verify that you have connected your computer to your printer over the same network. You can also connect your printer and your computer using a USB cable.
- You can save your documents in a file format you prefer.
- Place your documents on the document feeder of your Epson XP 970 and press the Scan button.
- You have four options to choose from. For scanning the documents to the computer, tap on Computer.
- If you have connected your Epson xp 970 setup and computer through a USB cable, select USB Connection.
- If you have connected your printer and your computer over the same network, tap on Select a Computer and choose the computer from the list.
- Select the format and you can save your file in a PDF format, JPEG format, or attach the scanned file to an email.
- You can also select Follow Custom settings when you have already customized your preferred settings.
- Press the Scan button to start scanning.
- Now, your Epson XP 970 scans your document and saves the scanned document to your computer.
Epson XP 970 Scan to Email
- You can attach your scanned document to an email as a file attachment. Your email app and account settings have to be configured before proceeding further.
- You need to install MAPI type email programs like Outlook Express, Windows Live Mail, Entourage, and so on. You cannot use a web-based email service like Gmail as it is not supported, and you will get an error message if you try to send your scanned document to a webmail service. So make sure you have a MAPI-type email service.
- Now open the Epson ScanSmart app on your computer, click on the Select Action window, and modify the settings according to your preference.
- You can select your preferred format. You can keep a copy on your computer as well.
- Click on Attach to Email. Now your email program opens and you can notice a new mail with the scanned document as an attachment from Epson xp 970 setup.
Epson XP 970 Fax Setup
With Epson XP 970, you can print, scan, and copy. But you cannot send a fax.
Epson XP 970 Wireless Setup
- Install the printer driver on your computer to set up your Epson XP 970 printer on Wi-Fi.
- When your software installation wizard asks you to select the connection method, choose the wireless connection option.
- Select Wi-Fi. Ensure your computer and your printer are connected over the same network.
- Select Start Setup. Wi-Fi Setup wizard will appear. Enter your Wi-Fi network name and its password and select OK.
Epson XP 970 Troubleshoot
Epson XP 970 Quality Printing problem
- Check your print head nozzles. If you find your print heads to be clogged, clean them gently and align the print heads.
- Adjust the print quality using the printer driver. You can also check it out by modifying the print settings to higher quality.
- When you print an image that you have downloaded from the internet with a low resolution, you cannot expect good quality prints, so better download images with high resolution to get prints of good quality.
- Use Epson papers as it ensures proper absorption and saturation of the Epson ink.
Epson XP 970 paper jam
- If you are experiencing paper jam problems in Epson xp 970 setup, you can resolve the issue by following the simple steps given below.
- Pull out the paper cassette and take out the jammed paper.
- Before you load the paper, make sure you have fanned and aligned them perfectly.
- If you notice jammed paper inside the printer, lift the scanner unit, remove the jammed paper, and close the scanner unit.
- If you get notified by the printer that the paper is jammed in the rear cover, take out the rear cover and remove all the jammed paper from the inside.
Epson XP 970 paper feed problem
If your paper fails to feed for printing, remove them from the cassette and reload the paper after fanning and aligning them neatly.
Adjust the paper guides against your paper and make sure not to exceed the paper limit.
Ensure that you have inserted the paper cassette completely into the printer.
Epson XP 970 Offline
- Run a power cycle. Most of the time, you can simply resolve all the printer issues by power cycling.
- Set your printer as the default printer. On your computer, click on Devices followed by Printers & Scanners. Select your printer and click on Manage. Then select Set as Default.
- Remove your printer from your computer and add it again.
- Restart your printer and your computer.
- Update the driver of your Epson xp 970 setup.