HP Officejet Pro 8730 Fax Setup
The Fax machine transmits the scanned document through a telephone line to the phone number associated with the printer. The document to be sent is scanned and converted to a digital form. In this digital form, the information is transmitted as electrical signals through the telephone lines. These signals are converted and printed at the receiving end. The HP Officejet Pro 8730 Fax Setup feature scans the document and sends it through a telephone connection to another fax enabled device. Faxing done from a printer is more secure than sending an email since it uses a dedicated landline network instead of an internet connection.
How to Fax on HP Officejet Pro 8730 Printer?
- Fax setup can be done simply with the help of our instructions provided on this website.
- Take the telephone cord that came with the printer and connect it to the phone wall jack to the 1-Line jack on the back of the printer.
- Connect the phone cord to the answering machine into the 2-EXT jack on the rear of the printer.
- Then set the fax settings and preferences. Navigate to the Fax or Setup menu on the printer’s control panel and set the Fax Header and other settings.
- After completing the HP Officejet Pro 8730 Fax Setup, run a fax test to check if it is successful.
- If the test page doesn’t print, then check if the phone wall jack is connected to the printer.Check if the cable is connected to 1-Line jack or the other port.
- Refer our user manual for more information.
- Contact us if you want any help in setting up your HP Officejet Pro 8730 printer machine.
How to Send Fax on HP Officejet Pro 8730 Printer?
- Load the document that you are going to fax. Use the Automatic Document Feeder(ADF).
- Single or multi-page documents can be loaded into the ADF tray. Another method is to place the paper on the scanner glass.
- Press the Black, Color or Send button to send the fax. If a busy signal is heard, then the receiving fax phone is busy with another task.
- From the printer, dial the receiving fax number, including the area code, the outside line access code, and the long distance country code.
- When dialing with speed dial, make sure that the saved number has the required pauses between numbers.
- Press the Black, Color, or Send button to send the fax by HP Officejet Pro 8730 Fax Setup. If you hear a busy signal, the receiving fax phone line is busy. Try faxing again later.
How to Receive Fax on HP Officejet Pro 8730 Printer?
- Receiving faxes is not a big task. Sending the fax is the major hurdle while faxing.
- There will not be any issue in sending and receiving if the recipient details are entered correctly.
- Faxes can also be received manually, if the Auto Answer feature is turned OFF. It is recommended to turn ON the Auto Answer feature to receive the faxes automatically.
- The Auto Answer feature automatically answers incoming calls and receives faxes after the number of rings specified by the user. It is set as a default function.
- If the sender sends a larger fax or a Legal size fax, then the printer reduces the size of the fax so that it fits in the paper that is loaded.
How to Solve HP Officejet Pro 8730 Fax Issue?
- Most of the problems occur with the connection settings. Check if the phone cable is properly connected to the printer or not.
- If the user does not hear a fax tone, then it means that the receiving fax machine is turned off or disconnected.
- Check if the phone line is connected to 1-Line and the answering machine is connected to the 2-Ext.
- Check the phone line cable if it is damaged or broken. Replace it with a new one in that case.
- Always use the fax cord that is shipped along with your printer while purchasing, with our steps you can complete a HP Officejet Pro 8730 Fax Setup and Clear the Issues.