HP Deskjet Models
HP 123.hp.com/dj are all in one printers which perform printing, scanning and copying functions. They allow you to connect to a wireless or wired network.
HP Deskjet Setup
HP deskjet printers are compact and easy to handle. You can setup your deskjet printer by following the steps mentioned below.
Deskjet Ink Cartridge
HP deskjet printers use liquid ink to produce text and images. The ink cartridges spray microscopic droplets onto the paper, these droplets soak in and form the image.
Some common printing issues faced by the deskjet printer include slow or no response from the printer, issues with print quality, Print apps failure, printer offline and paper jam error.
123.hp.com/dj Printer Models
HP deskjet printers are all in one printers which perform printing, scanning and copying functions. They allow you to connect to a wireless or wired network. This enables the user to print documents from smartphones, laptops, tablets and other Wi-Fi enabled devices. They support original HP high-yield cartridges which helps you print twice many as many pages simultaneously. HP Deskjet printer can print upto 25 sheets of paper and they allow you to load 60 sheets of paper into the input tray. They are portable, easy to use and can print colorful documents. They can hold multiple cartridges and are easy to clean.
HP Deskjet vs Officejet Printer
- HP Deskjet Setup are best suited for home use whereas officejet printers are compact in deign and are suited for small offices.
- 123.hp.com/dj printers can print at a speed of 10 pages per minute whereas officejet printers can print at a speed of 16 pages per minute.
- Most Officejet printers are all-in-one printers.
- Officejet printers are more expensive than deskjet printers.
- Deskjet printers are not as durable as officejet printers.
Latest HP Deskjet AiO Printers
Here is a list of the latest HP Deskjet all in one printers.
- HP Deskjet 1112
- HP Deskjet 2544
- HP Deskjet 3700
- HP Deskjet 3755
- HP Deskjet 5820
Guidance for HP Deskjet Setup
HP deskjet printers are compact and easy to handle. You can setup your deskjet printer by following the steps mentioned below.
How to Setup HP Deskjet Printer?
- Step 1: “Take out” the printer and its accessories from the box.
- Step 2: “Remove” the tapes and protective covers from the HP Deskjet Printer.
- Step 3: “Use” the “USB Cable” to connect the 123.hp.com/dj printer to your computer.
- Step 4: Load a stack of paper into the input tray.
- Step 5: “Make Sure” that the loaded paper is compatible with the printer.
- Step 6: “Open” the ink cartridge access door and check if the ink cartridges are seated properly.
- Step 7: If a cartridge is not seated properly push the ink cartridge until you hear a click sound.
- Step 8: “Turn ON” the HP Deskjet Setup and ensure that the carriage moves freely.
- Step 9: Close the ink cartridge access door.
- Step 10: Turn on your computer and insert the installer disc which is in the printer’s package.
- Step 11: Install the printer software by following the on-screen instructions.
- Step 12: Refer to the user manual for further information on printer setup.
HP Deskjet Driver Download
The driver must be installed on your computer. If the 123.hp.com/dj printer drivers are not installed, the accessibility of its features will be stunted.
123.hp.com/dj Driver Download
- Step 1: Follow the steps mentioned below to complete the driver installation from your disc.
- Step 2: Unwrap the driver installer disc which comes in the printer package.
- Step 3: Insert the disc into the CD drive of your computer.
- Step 4: Wait for a few seconds for the computer to process the drive.
- Step 5: The autoplay message box will display automatically after the disc is processed.
- Step 6: Click on the Run Software option.
- Step 7: Accept the Terms and Conditions listed and click Continue.
- Step 8: Choose the location where the driver should be installed and click Next.
- Step 9: Follow the instructions displayed on screen and wait for the driver installation to complete.
- Step 10: Go to the list of installed programs and select the HP printer application. Ensure that the 123.hp.com/dj printer is connected to the computer and use the application to print a test page.
How to Install HP Deskjet Driver without CD?
If your computer does not have a CD drive, follow the steps mentioned below to download and install a compatible driver for your computer.
- Step 1: Visit our website and go to the driver download page.
- Step 2: Select your printer’s model from the list and click on download.
- Step 5: Choose the driver which is compatible with your computer and click on download.
- Step 6: If prompted, save the file with the .exe extension.
- Step 7: Go to the downloads folder of your computer.
- Step 8: Double click on the driver installer file and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
HP Deskjet Printer Wi-Fi Setup
HP Deskjet Setup Wi-Fi allow users to print documents from any Wi-Fi enabled device. They are used in both homes and offices, however they are best suited for office use. They let multiple computers, phones and devices connect to the same network and perform printing operations simultaneously. Printing jobs get added to the queue. 123.hp.com/dj Wireless connectivity supports high speed printing and delivers a high print resolution. HP deskjet Wi-Fi printers not only perform wireless printing operations but also perform scanning, copying and faxing operations. They allow you to print documents and images from smartphones, PC , tablets and Apple devices.
123.hp.com/dj Ink Cartridge
HP deskjet printers use liquid ink to produce text and images. The ink cartridges spray microscopic droplets onto the paper, these droplets soak in and form the image. Deskjet printers use two types of inks which are dye based ink and pigment based ink. Dye based ink is cheap and tend to fade over time when exposed to ultraviolet light. Pigment based inks are expensive and are best suited for printing high definition images. This ink offers more resistance to fading and produce images in vivid colors. It is best suited for producing photos and graphic images. For more information on printer ink, visit our website.
HP Deskjet Printer Cartridges
Original 123.hp.com/dj printer cartridges come with a sticker where the QR codes are pasted on it. You can scan the QR code from your smartphone to verify if the cartridge is genuine. You can protect yourself from counterfeit cartridges by looking for this QR code. There are two cartridges which are compatible with the deskjet printer they are, the standard cartridge and high yield cartridge. The standard cartridge is best suited for domestic use and is very reliable and pocket friendly. High yield cartridges are designed for commercial use since they lower cost per page upto 50 %.
How to Put Paper in a HP Deskjet Printer?
Follow these steps to load paper into the HP deskjet printer.
- Step 1: Raise the input tray of the printer and lower the output tray and, pull out the extender.
- Step 2: Slide the paper width guides outward.
- Step 3: Load plain paper into the input tray with the print side up.
- Step 4: Slide the stack of paper until it stops and slide the paper width guides against the paper.
- Step 5: If you face any problems with loading paper, you can get in touch with our technical support team through the Toll-Free number.
How to Refill HP Deskjet Printer Ink?
Follow these steps to refill an 123.hp.com/dj ink cartridge.
- Step 1: Purchase an ink refill kit from the retail store. Open the ink cartridge access door.
- Step 2: Remove the ink cartridge carefully. Use a paper towel to catch ink leaks.
- Step 3: Locate the fill holes on top of the cartridge by running your fingers through it and felling the depression.
- Step 4: Use a sharp object to pierce the ink hole. Insert the long needle of the refill ink bottle and push air into the cartridge foam while refilling.
- Step 5: Add the ink slowly and ensure that the ink level reaches the recommended limit. Use a clear scotch tape to cover the hole.
How to Connect HP Deskjet Printer to Wireless?
Follow these steps for completing the printer wireless setup.
- Step 1: Download and install the printer software from our website.
- Step 2: Disconnect the USB and Ethernet cable from your printer to proceed with the wireless setup.
- Step 3: Search the windows for your 123.hp.com/dj printer’s model name and click on it.
- Step 4: Click on Utilities and select Printer Setup and Software Selection. Change the type of connection and conform the action. Click on Wireless setup.
- Step 5: Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the wireless connection. If you encounter an issue during wireless setup, you can contact the Toll-free number for further assistance.
How do I Connect 123.hp.com/dj Printer to WiFi?
- Step 1: Obtain the network name and security key of the wireless network.
- Step 2: Connect your computer to the wireless network. Place the printer close to the computer. Disconnect the USB cable connected to the printer.
- Step 3: On your computer search windows for your printer model name, click on the utilities option and click Printer Setup and Software Selection.
- Step 4: Here, click Convert a USB Connected Printer to Wireless. Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the setup.
- Step 5: Connect the 123.hp.com/dj printer to the wireless network from your computer. The blue light next to the wireless icon on the printer’s control panel should turn on. This will confirm the connection.
HP Deskjet Troubleshooting
Some common printing issues faced by the deskjet printer include slow or no response from the printer, issues with print quality, Print apps failure, HP Deskjet Setup Offline and paper jam error. Wireless connection issues include wired connections and networking issue, printer offline error, Wi-Fi connectivity issue. Other issues include not printing in black issue, unable to reset printer issue, print head error issue and ink cartridge error. Most of the above mentioned problems can be solved by referring to the user manual guide which is provided by the retailer. If you face any difficulties in solving printer errors, you can get in touch with our technical support team.
HP Deskjet Printer Won’t Print Issue
Follow these steps if your printer does not print black ink.
- Step 1: Make sure that the 123.hp.com/dj printer is directly connected to the wall outlet and not through a surge protector.
- Step 2: Open the access door, remove the cartridges and perform a hard reset on the printer.
- Step 3: Remove the USB cord if present and wait for two minutes before switching on the printer.
- Step 4: Turn on the printer and wait for the printer to remain idle. Inset the ink cartridges and print a test page.
- Step 5: If this does not work replace the ink cartridges and check again.
How Do I Reset HP Deskjet Printer?
Most printer issues tend to get solved if you reset your printer. Follow these steps to reset your printer.
- Step 1: Unplug the power cord from the unit when the printer is turned on.
- Step 2: Wait for a few seconds and reconnect the power cord back to the printer.
- Step 3: When the lights begin to flash on your printer’s control panel, press and hold the power and cancel buttons.
- Step 4: Don’t release the buttons until the resume light flashes.
- Step 5: If the resume light remains steady, the reset is complete. If you face issues with resetting the 123.hp.com/dj printer, contact our technical support team.
How to Fix HP Deskjet Printer Offline Issue?
Follow these steps to solve the printer offline issue.
- Step 1: Download the HP Print and Scan doctor tool and install it.
- Step 2: Open the tool, click on start and select your printer. Click Fix Printing to solve the issue.
- Step 3: Reset the print environment by turning off your printer and disconnecting the power cord.
- Step 4: Re-connect the power cord and turn on the printer if it does not turn on automatically. If the printer is connected to a wireless network, restart the router.
- Step 5: Turn on the computer and check if the Printer Offline message displays.
How to Fix 123.hp.com/dj not Printing Issue?
Follow these steps to solve this issue.
- Step 1: Check if the printer is equipped with a genuine HP ink cartridge , by looking for the QR code on the cartridge. Scan the QR code using your smartphone.
- Step 2: Check for empty ink cartridges and replace them.
- Step 3: Allow the 123.hp.com/dj printer to rest after continuous operation.
- Step 4: Check if the paper is jammed in the printer. Do not use curled or wrinkled paper and load the paper into the input tray with the print side down.
- Step 5: Check the print settings in your computer and reconfigure them if required.
How to Fix HP Deskjet Printer Failure Issue?
If errors like printer failure 0xC19A0003, 0xC19a0013 show up, follow the steps mentioned below.
- Step 1: Reset the printer by following the instructions mentioned on this page.
- Step 2: Print a Printer Status report to check for any technical error.
- Step 3: Use a flashlight and search for any signs of paper jam issue. Clear the jammed paper carefully.
- Step 4: Switch on the printer and make sure that the carriage moves freely.
- Step 5: Open the cartridge access door, remove the cartridge and check the printhead. If none of the solutions work, contact our Toll-Free number for further assistance.
How to Fix Printhead Error in Deskjet Printer?
Follow these steps to resolve the printhead error.
- Step 1: Disconnect your HP Deskjet Setup, open the cartridge access door and remove the printhead.
- Step 2: Do not touch the nozzle area on the bottom of the printhead.
- Step 3: Place the printhead assembly upside down to inspect the carriage path. Look for jammed paper or defective nozzles.
- Step 4: Check for paper jammed in the carriage path and remove it carefully.
- Step 5: Insert the printhead, gently rock the printhead to the left and right to check if the 123.hp.com/dj printhead is fully seated in the carriage. Lower the carriage carefully and lock the printhead.