HP DESKJET 2600 SETUP GUIDELINES
First, unpack the HP Deskjet 2600 printer and check for the necessary accessories. Remove all the tapes from the HP Deskjet 2600 printer. Ensure that the printer is free from all the packing materials. Connect the power cord to the back of the HP printer and then to the power outlet. Power on the HP Deskjet 2600 Setup printer and install the ink cartridges and paper. Print the alignment page and then proceed to download and install the driver and the software package.
How to Install HP Deskjet 2600?
Perform the following guidelines for the installation process,
- After performing the basic hardware setup, proceed to install the printer driver.
- Ensure that the printer is turned on. Lower the upward tray and then access the ink cartridge door.
- Wait for the carriage to stop.
- Unpack the new ink cartridges and pull the tab to remove the plastic tape stuck on the cartridge.
- Next, hold the sides of the cartridges and insert them into their slots. Make sure they lock into place.
- Close the ink cartridge door.
- The ink cartridge setup is identified by the HP Deskjet 2600 printer and starts to print with the new ink.
- Now, lift the input tray and adjust the width guides.
- Fan a stack of paper and then push it into the input tray.
- Open the tray extender, and the HP Deskjet 2600 Setup printer will print the alignment page.
- Next, download the HP Deskjet 2600 printer driver from the manufacturer site.
- Give a double-click on the downloaded driver file (.exe file) to initiate the installation.
- Agree to the End-user license agreement to proceed with the installation.
- Keep following the prompts on the installer screen.
- Select an appropriate connection type when prompted, and connect the printer to the computer.
- Carry out the instructions as displayed on the installer screen.
- Finally, click Finish on the Setup Complete screen to end the installation process.
HP Deskjet 2600 Driver
The driver download for the HP Deskjet 2600 can be downloaded from the manufacturer web site. Launch a new web browser tab and enter the manufacturer’s URL in the address bar. Next, type the model number (Deskjet 2600) in the search field, and choose your language. Make sure to download the most recent version of the driver.
HP Deskjet2600 Manual
To get the PDF format of the HP Deskjet 2600 manual, click the Manual Download button below. This HP Deskjet 2600 Setup manual comprises guidelines for setting up the printer, scanning, copying, printing, and troubleshooting.
How to do Copy on Printer?
To copy your images or documents, follow the guidelines below.
- Place the original file or photo on your scanner bed. Ensure that the copy side is facing downwards.
- Make sure you have loaded enough plain paper into the input tray.
- Tap the Start Copy Black button or the Start Copy Color button on the printer panel.
- The copying process will now start.
How To Connect The Printer Wireless
- You can connect your HP Deskjet 2600 printer and your device wirelessly using the WPS button method.
- Check if your router has a WPS button and then enable the Wireless option on your printer.
- To do so, you have to press the Wireless button on the HP Deskjet 2600 Setup printer panel for three seconds. The printer will now go to the WPS mode.
- Once the Wireless light starts to flash, go to the router and press the WPS button for a few seconds.
- Once the connection is established, the Wireless lamp will become steady.
How to Scan on Printer?
The following instructions will help you scan your photos or text documents.
- Load the original image or the text document on the scanner glass.
- Go to the Start menu, select the HP option, and click the Printer name.
- Once the printer software opens, click the Scan button.
- Next, choose the Scan a Document or Photo option in the next step and then select a Scan Type.
- You can go with Save as PDF or the Save as JPEG option. Click Scan and the document or photo will be scanned and saved to your computer.
HP Deskjet 2600 Scan to Computer
Make use of these instructions to scan your documents to a Mac system.
- First, load your original document to be scanned on the scanner bed. Check if the scanner glass is clean before placing the document.
- Note that the printed side of the document should face the glass.
- Launch the HP Easy Scan app on your system. It is present in the Applications folder.
- The next step is to choose a Scan Profile Type. Click Scan on HP Deskjet 2600 Setup printer, and the scanning process will begin.
HP Deskjet 2600 Troubleshooting
If the HP Deskjet 2600 printer is displaying error messages on the screen, you can refer to the HP Deskjet device’s user manual to clear these error messages. Some of the HP Deskjet 2600 printer’s issues include paper jams, print/copy/scan issues, error codes on the control panel, and so on. Read through the topics that follow to resolve HP Deskjet 2600 issues.
HP Deskjet 2600 Says Offline
Here are the HP Deskjet 2600 offline issue guidelines.
- Power on the HP Deskjet 2600 printer and wait until it initializes.
- Download the HP Print & Scan Doctor on your computer and install it on your computer.
- Launch the HP Print & Scan Doctor on your computer and follow the on-screen prompts to resolve the issue.
- Go to the ‘Control Panel’ on your computer and open the Add or Remove Programs feature.
- Choose the HP Deskjet 2600 printer from the list. Select the Uninstall option at the top of the screen. Wait until the HP Deskjet 2600 printer driver is uninstalled, and then restart the computer.
- Reinstall the latest HP Deskjet 2600 printer driver on your computer. If the issue persists, proceed with the instructions below.
- Navigate to the Devices & Printers option on your computer and right-click the HP Deskjet 2600 Setup printer icon. Deselect the Use Printer Offline option and then check whether the offline issue persists. Contact our tech support team for assistance.
HP Deskjet 2600 Not Printing
The HP Deskjet 2600 printer does not print when there is an issue with the network devices to which the printer is connected. The USB cable connecting the HP Deskjet 2600 printer and computer could be faulty. You can try replacing the network cables and setting the connection right to resolve the printing issue.
HP Deskjet 2600 Not Printing in Color
If the HP Deskjet 2600 does not print in color, it means that there is an issue with the HP printer’s color ink cartridge.
- Check whether the HP Deskjet device has genuine HP color ink cartridge installed in it. If a genuine HP color ink cartridge is not installed in the HP Deskjet 2600 printer, in most cases, it does not get recognized. Additionally, an error message appears on the HP Deskjet device’s control panel.
- Perform printhead cleaning on the HP Deskjet 2600 printer by following these steps. Ensure that the HP Deskjet has sufficient print media and then launch the HP Utility on your computer. Choose your HP Deskjet 2600 Setup printer from the application and then click Clean Printhead. Select Clean and then follow the on-screen prompts to clean the printhead.
- Lower the HP Deskjet 2600 printer’s ink cartridge access door and take the color ink cartridge out of the printer. Wipe its ink nozzle with a dry lint-free cloth and then reinstall it. Close the HP machine’s ink cartridge access door. Check whether the color printing issue is resolved.
HP Deskjet 2600 Won’t Print Black
If the HP Deskjet 2600 printer does not print in black, you can follow these guidelines to fix it.
- Install genuine HP black ink cartridges in the HP Deskjet 2600 printer.
- Go to the HP Deskjet 2600 printer’s software that is installed on your computer.
- Ensure that the HP Deskjet 2600 printer is switched on and connected to the computer.
- Navigate to the Estimated Ink Levels icon at the top of the window and check whether there is sufficient black ink in the HP Deskjet printer.
- If it is low, lower the HP Deskjet printer’s ink cartridge access door and remove the black ink cartridge that is low on ink. Take the new HP ink cartridge out of the packing and peel off the orange tape. Install this printer cartridge in the black ink cartridge slot after the print carriage stops moving. Close the ink cartridge access door.
- Take the alignment page printed by the HP Deskjet 2600 Setup printer and place it on the scanner glass. Close the scanner cover. Tap the Start Copy Black/Start Copy Color button. Now, the HP Deskjet 2600 printer aligns the printhead.
- If these steps do not resolve the black printing issue, take the HP Deskjet 2600 printer black ink cartridge out and wipe its ink nozzle with a dry lint-free cloth. Reinstall the HP Deskjet 2600 black ink cartridge and then check whether the issue is resolved. Contact our tech support team if the issue persists.