HP Officejet 5255 Setup Guidelines
Make use of the procedure stated here to perform the initial HP Officejet 5255 Setup.
- The printer will arrive in a blue and white box. Cut the seal of the package using a knife.
- You will find the power cord, ink cartridges, manual, and other components of the printer on top of the box.
- Place them aside as you will need it at a later stage.
- Now, you have to remove all the packing materials present over the printer.
- Take off the styrofoam sheets, plastic wrap, and the tapes present inside and around the printer.
- Use the power cord to connect the HP Officejet 5255 to the power supply.
- Turn on the HP printer and then set the initial preferences according to your choice.
- Download the drivers from this site by entering the OS version and install it successfully.
HP Officejet 5255 Driver
- This printer model requires the installation of a full-feature driver on our system.
- Find the OS Version textbox and enter the version correctly. Tap OK, and the results will be displayed on the next page.
- Click the Driver Download button to save the printer driver to your system for HP Officejet 5255 Setup.
- Use the prompts displayed on your screen to install the drivers.
HP Officejet 5255 Manual
The manual for your HP Officejet 5255 printer can be downloaded from this website. Specify the printer model number and click the Manual Download button. A copy of the manual will be saved to your system.
HP Officejet 5255 Ink Cartridge Install
- The HP Officejet 5255 printer uses two ink cartridges that are provided during the printer purchase.
- You have to install a black cartridge and a tri-color cartridge to print or copy the files.
- Make sure you use only the genuine HP ink cartridges to print.
HP Officejet 5255 Ink Replacement
The procedure that is stated below will help you replace the ink cartridges of your HP Officejet 5255 printer.
- Switch ON the HP Officejet 5255 Setup and place white papers in the input tray.
- Make use of the handles present on either side of the printer to raise the cartridge door.
- Wait until the carriage arrives to the center position and make sure it is silent.
- Open the cartridge lid and pull the ink cartridge in the upward direction to remove it.
- Unpack the new ink cartridges and ensure that you do not touch the black plastic area.
- Peel off the protective plastic tape from the new cartridge and position it in the correct slot.
- Push it until you hear a clicking sound. It indicates that the cartridge has been installed properly.
HP Officejet 5255 Wireless Setup
- Get to know the wireless name and password of the wireless network that you are going to use.
- Check if your network is working properly.
- Next, you have to connect your device to the wireless network. Turn on the Wireless feature from the system tray.
- Choose your wireless network SSID from the list of available wireless networks and enter the correct password.
- The next step is to connect the HP Officejet 5255 Setup printer to the same network.
- To do so, navigate to the Wireless menu on the control panel. Select the Settings option.
- Choose the Wireless Setup Wizard or the Wi-Fi Protected Setup option.
- Read the guidelines displayed on the screen of the control panel and follow them.
- Assign a test print job to check if you have established the connection properly.
How to Load Paper in HP Officejet 5255?
The instructions that are specified below will help you load paper in the input tray.
- Pull open the paper tray door of the HP Officejet printer.
- Move the paper-width guides of the printer in the outward direction.
- Align a stack of paper and place it in the tray. Ensure that the print side is facing down.
- Insert the paper into the input tray and push it inwards until it stops.
- Adjust the paper-width guides in the correct position and place the input tray in its slot.
- Pull the tray extender in the outward direction.
How to Scan on HP Officejet 5255?
- First, enable the Scan to Computer option to scan to your computer.
- Launch the HP Printer software and navigate to the Scan section.
- Choose the Manage Scan to Computer option and tap the Enable button on HP Officejet 5255 Setup printer.
- Check if you have loaded the original image or text document on the scanner glass.
- Go to the Print, Scan & Fax section and tap the Scan option followed by the Scan a Document or Photo option.
- Navigate to Scan Shortcuts and choose the Scan Type you require. Click Scan.
How to Fax on Officejet 5255?
Make use of the procedure specified here to send a fax successfully.
- Also, check if you have performed the fax setup before proceeding to fax.
- Place the document to be faxed on your scanner bed.
- Tap the Fax option on the HP Officejet 5255 printer’s control panel.
- Select the Send Now option in the next step. In the Enter Fax Number field, specify the fax number of the recipient.
- You can also use the Phone Book option to select a recipient from your phone book.
- Tap the Black or Color button to send the fax successfully.
How to Connect HP Officejet 5255 to Computer?
- You can use the Wi-Fi Direct feature to connect the computer and the HP Officejet printer.
- Enable the Wi-Fi Direct option on your printer first.
- Tap the Wi-Fi Direct icon and then choose the Settings option.
- Make use of the slide bar present near the Wi-Fi Direct option to turn it on.
- Go to Settings again and set the Connection Method to Automatic or Manual.
- Next, enable the Wi-Fi feature on your device.
- Wait until the list of networks that are available nearby is displayed for HP Officejet 5255 Setup.
- Choose the HP printer with the word DIRECT followed by the series of the printer model.
- Key in the correct Wi-Fi password and delegate a print job once the connection is established.
HP Officejet 5255 Mobile Printing
The Mobile printing solutions will help you to print or scan your documents or images from your mobile phones. A wide range of mobile printing apps that are compatible with this HP Officejet 5255 printer are available. Use the guidelines specified below to print from your mobile via AirPrint.
HP Officejet 5255 Airprint Setup
- If not, then perform the wireless setup process ad then proceed to the printing process.
- Enable the Wi-Fi option on your iOS device and connect it to the network.
- Next, connect the HP printer and print a Wireless Test Report to verify the network connection status.
- Now, download and install the AirPrint app from the App Store.
- Open the document or photo to be printed and then tap the Share icon for HP Officejet 5255 Setup.
- From the pop-up menu, select the Print option.
- The next step is to modify the following print settings:
- Number of Copies
- Black & White
- Double-sided Printing
- Page Range
- After modifying these settings, tap the Print button.
HP Officejet 5255 Troubleshooting
To resolve the problems that occur with your HP officejet 5255 printer, you can use the solutions that are specified here. If you are unable to solve the error, you can contact the technical team.
HP Officejet 5255 Printer Offline
- The first solution is to check if the HP Officejet 5255 printer is in the ready state.
- If it is not, tap the Power button once to bring it to the normal state.
- Check the control panel of the HP Officejet printer for any error messages. If yes, then perform troubleshooting based on the error code or message.
- Restart the HP Officejet 5255 printer using the Power button and check if the offline error is being resolved.
- Next, you have to reset the printing system if you want to rectify this problem.
- From the Apple menu, choose the System Preferences option followed by the Print & Fax option for HP Officejet 5255 Setup.
- When the Printers window opens, you have to right-click anywhere and select the Reset Printing System option from the drop-down list.
- Once the Confirmation window appears, tap the Reset button.
- To authenticate the process, you have to enter the administrator username and password.
- The print system reset process will now begin.
HP Officejet 5255 Not Printing
The ‘Not printing’ error can occur due to several reasons. With the help of the solutions stated on this website, you can easily solve the error.
HP Officejet 5255 Not Printing Black Ink
- When there is an issue with printing and ink, then you have to check the cartridges first.
- It might be the main reason behind the not printing black ink issue.
- Check if you have installed only genuine HP ink cartridges to print your documents.
- Check the ink levels of the HP genuine ink cartridges that you have installed in the HP Officejet printer.
- If their ink levels are low, then you have to replace them.
- Now, open the cartridge door of the HP Officejet 5255 Setup printer and uninstall the old cartridges.
- Unpack the genuine ink cartridge you have purchased and remove the protective tape carefully.
- Insert the ink cartridge into the correct slot and close the cartridge door.
- Take a test print to ensure proper installation.
HP Officejet 5255 Cartridge Problem
- Use the instructions that are stated here to solve any errors that occur with your HP cartridge.
- First, update the firmware of the printer and check if you are able to solve the issue.
- Tap the HP ePrint icon and then select the Settings option.
- Choose the Product Update option or the Check Product Updates option.
- If there is an update, the HP Officejet 5255 printer will download and install it automatically.
- Next, check if the HP ink cartridges are installed correctly on your printer.
- Remove the ink cartridges and wipe the electrical contacts using a dry cloth.
- Reset the HP Officejet 5255 Setup printer by disconnecting it from the power supply.
- Plug it in after a few seconds and check if the error has been resolved.
- Finally, replace the ink cartridge that has an issue to sort out this problem.